Site Usage Statistics
- You can automatically generate usage statistics for all webs. To enable this:
- Make sure variable
$doLogTopicView, $doLogTopicSave and $doLogTopicUpload in
wikicfg.pm are set. This will generate log entries in file
- Topic WebStatistics must be present in all webs where you want to have statistics. You can use the topic in the Main web as a template.
- Call the
twiki/bin/statistics script from a cron job, once a day is recommended. This will update the WebStatistics topics in all webs.
- Attention: The script must run as the same user as the CGI scripts are running, which is user
nobody on most systems. Example crontab entry:
0 0 * * * (cd /path/to/TWiki/bin; ./statistics >/dev/null 2>&1)
- There is a workaround in case you can't run the script as user
nobody : Run the utility
twiki/bin/geturl in your cron job and specify the URL of the
twiki/bin/statistics script as a parameter. Example:
0 0 * * * (cd /path/to/TWiki/bin; ./geturl mydomain.com /urlpath/to/TWiki/bin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1)
twiki/bin/statistics script can also be executed as a CGI script, just enter the URL in your browser. Examples:
- Update current month for all webs:
- Update current month for Main web only:
- Update January 2000 for Main web:
- 01 Sep 2001
TWiki.SiteUsageStatistics moved from TWiki.GenerateSiteStatistics on 01 Sep 2001 - 07:26 by MikeMannix?
- put it back
Copyright © 1999-2016 by the contributing authors.
All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding UAIWiki? Send feedback