Register users on your TWiki site; change/reset/install passwords; remove user accounts
Authentication and Access Control
Change, Reset and Install Passwords
- ChangePassword is for users who remember their password
- ResetPassword is for users who do not remember their password; they are asked to send a request to the site administrator to install a new password
- InstallPassword is for the site administrator to install a password
Removing User Accounts
To remove a user account:
Note: Consider leaving the user topic file in place so their past signatures and revision author entries don't end up looking like AnUncreatedTopic?. If you want to make it clear the user is inactive on your site (e.g. PeterThoeny) or has been banished add a note to that effect and write protect the page (TWikiAccessControl). The existance of the UserName topic prevent that user name from being re-used.
-- TWiki:Main.MattWilkie - 21 Jul 2003
- Edit the
data/.htpasswd file to delete their entry (only applies if you are using a .htpasswd file)
- Remove the
FredQuimby line from the Main.TWikiUsers topic
- Remove user from all groups and from all the
ALLOWWEB/ALLOWTOPIC... declarations, if any.
Note: Otherwise this is a security hole as the first one to re-register with this name will be granted the permissions of the previous user.
- [optional] Remove their topic files:
-- TWiki:Main.PeterThoeny - 15 Aug 2004